A new Hulu documentary series, “Catching the Killers,” will air on March 16th to bring attention of serial killers in America during a time when law enforcement did not have modern technology. The show is based on true stories of hunting down murderers after they commit their crimes and interrogating them for information about other unsolved cases.
The “serial killer documentary series” is a new Hulu Documentary Series that will chronicle the stories of serial killers from the ’70s and ’80s.
With the upcoming Hulu documentary series City of Angels | City of Death, audiences will be thrown into the unsettling world of serial killers in Los Angeles, which has seen an unexpected surge in grisly murders, thanks in large part to the wealth of information available on the internet. The new six-episode series, City of Angels | City of Death, will go into the LAPD’s investigation into these 1970s and 1980s killings, with all episodes premiering on Hulu on November 24th.
“During the 1970s and 1980s, more than 20 serial murderers terrorized the streets of Los Angeles at the same time and within miles of each other, killing and terrifying civilians — until the LAPD’s Robbery-Homicide Division joined together and hunted down the killers,” according to the news release. The new Hulu Original City of Angels | City of Death, from the producers of ABC News’ 20/20, follows a group of LAPD detectives and their investigations, from stakeouts to tracking and apprehending some of the era’s most notorious murderers, including the Freeway Killer, the Hillside Strangler, the Sunset Strip Killer, and others. On Wednesday, November 24th, all six hour-long episodes of City of Angels | City of Death will be available exclusively on Hulu.
“The chilling details of the gruesome crimes are depicted through dramatic recreations and first-hand accounts of law enforcement as they juggled multiple serial killer investigations before the introduction of DNA technology and under the pressure of unprecedented media attention in City of Angels | City of Death. The investigators’ insights revolutionized current tactics of catching murderers, changing the way police capture them. Interviews with former LAPD officers Tom Lange, Robert Souza, Bob Grogan, Frank Garcia, and Jerry LeFrois, as well as survivors, forensic specialists, eyewitnesses, and more, are included in City of Angels | City of Death.”
The following is a list of the episodes:
“Heart of Darkness” is a film based on the novel “Heart of Dark
- As a series of serial murders scared the residents of Los Angeles beginning in the mid-1970s, LAPD officers were forced to manage many cases at the same time. From the Hillside Strangler in the Hollywood Hills to the Skid Row Stabber in the perilous streets of downtown Los Angeles, detectives Bob Grogan and Tom Lange are on the lookout for these infamous murderers all around the city. At the same time, another unidentified serial murderer began his terrorizing spree.
“Eleven o’clock news”
- The Hillside Strangler Task Force’s investigation becomes the subject of a media frenzy as they broaden their hunt for the murderer, but investigator Bob Grogan has a sneaking feeling that the culprit is really two men working together. Meanwhile, detective Tom Lange gets a break in his hunt for the Skid Row Stabber, who preyed on the less fortunate, including the homeless, drug addicts, and alcoholics, culminating to a confrontation in a darkened movie theater. In other news, officials discovered an aspiring model murdered along a beach, and the Los Angeles Police Department thinks it was the act of another serial murderer, adding a new case to the detectives’ to-do list.
“The Killer’s Mind” is a film about a serial killer’s mind.
- A little girl goes missing in Huntington Beach, and investigators track down her abductor and killer after seeing him on a famous television show, sparking a countrywide hunt. Meanwhile, in Bellingham, Washington, investigators apprehend a suspect in the Hillside Strangler case, but they think the guy’s cousin was an accomplice in the killings.
“The Gathering Storm” is a story about a storm that is brewing.
- The case of the Hillside Strangler becomes even more weird. One of the suspects claims to have several personalities, one of which, Steve, is responsible for the murders of another suspect. Detectives apprehend the Dating Game Killer, but they’ll have a tough time establishing his guilt. While several investigations are nearing completion, investigator Robert Souza is just getting started on a new terrible murderer: the Freeway Killer, who kidnapped and murdered largely male teenagers.
“A New Nightmare” is a new horror film.
- Detective Robert Souza is pursued by the Freeway Killer, who leads him all across Southern California. Souza enlists the aid of imprisoned killer Roy Norris, one of the notorious Tool Box Killers, to narrow down his search. Meanwhile, one of the Hillside Strangler suspects decides to turn on his homicidal accomplice in exchange for not facing the death sentence, but the district attorney’s office feels the case should be dismissed. A new serial murderer has struck the Sunset Strip, kidnapping women.
“The Day of Judgment”
- The Sunset Strip Killer is on the loose, and investigator Frank Garcia is tasked with deciphering fresh evidence. The serial murderers of this frightening age are brought to trial and sentenced, bringing justice to their victims.
On November 24th, all six episodes of City of Angels | City of Death will be available on Hulu.
Are you excited for the new series to begin? Let us know in the comments section below, or reach out to Patrick Cavanaugh on Twitter to discuss all things horror and Star Wars.
Serial Killers of the 70s and 80s is a new Hulu documentary series that will chronicle the story of serial killers in America. The show will be released on 2020. Reference: serial killer documentaries 2020.
- serial killer documentaries 2021
- serial killers documentary netflix
- serial killer documentaries – youtube
- best serial killer documentaries on youtube
- serial killer documentaries netflix 2021